Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And the winner of the stand up mixer comparison is....BOSCH

The standup mixers were a difficult choice because 2 are well known brands and quite popular. 
 
KITCHENAID
 
Kitchenaid has been around longer than I have and there are many users who have inherited their appliances from parents. However, based on their incorporation of plastics into the current model's construction, I have rejected their machine. I fear their appliance may not withstand heavy use. I also dislike their warranty which is only one year. I think almost any electronic appliance will last a year. It is beyond that time that worries me. This machine was also the most expensive.

CUISINART
Cuisinart has an excellent warranty and the price is very competitive. I am tempted to make it my number one choice based on those two factors, price and warranty. But I still do not like the tilting head as explained above. Furthermore, the machine seems overly large, standing very tall. I like something smaller and less obtrusive.
 
 
BOSCH
However, after viewing the video demo of the BOSCH, I finally chose it for a number of reasons. It looked like it was easy to use, load and operate. It has metal parts and a sealed transmission. Its power was applied directly to the center spindle, rather than being redirected through a tilting head where torque is lost. It is almost totally dishwasher cleanable. And finally, I ride a BMW motorcycle which seems to be very sound mechanically. So I side with German engineering. Stay tuned to see what happens once I put the thing into operation in our kitchen.
Hopefully, Christmas cookie making will be easy as pie this year...dont you just love it!!! LOL
 
Visit back again ! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice bread! Does this machine come with other attachments or is it just a mixer? Your comparisons are falling of my computer screen to the left. If you are looking for a super duper blender, try Vita Mix. Had one for years. You can cook and freeze in it and it makes great shakes and smoothies.
    ps... double chocolate chunk cookies

    ReplyDelete