Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Solution to COOKING CROSSWORD 1...

Hope all of you found this crossword easy and entertaining !

I ask for feedback and if you enjoyed the puzzle, I will create more !

Glad to hear from you readers...special hello to Kenza and Bill...nice to see you both and great hearing that you read the cooking blog.

Regards to Vancouver Island readers and appreciations for the blackberry jam...made a great baste for roast bbq chicken breast...simply delicious !

I always like sweet/heat bastes for the bbq on any crispy meat.

Looking for some feedback on another matter....

WHAT STANDUP MIXER DO YOU USE?
I am considering buying a standup mixer as I want to try my hand at making pastries and pies. Maybe even take a shot at making some breads...dont know...but I have narrowed my shopping down to three machines. Here they are in my order of preference:


BOSCH:
German engineering, all vital parts are made of metal, not plastic, ease of cleaning, ease of use with very practical splash guard, minimal buttons, quieter than others.

I like:
  looks like a small kitchen appliance but it is more
  compact and not overbearing in appearance
  looks like it belongs in a home kitchen
  great warranty
I dont like:
   not sure if it is a bit noisey...like who is sleeping?



KITCHENAID:

good reputation, good availability, sales for accessories are commonly found
 
I like:
   reputation
   availability

I don't like:
   plastic parts can overheat with heavy loads
   tilt back head means counter clearance is needed
   overall size...it is huge








CUISINART:
well known, good reputation, good availability.

I like:
   availability of timer...would be convenient
   fold button for starting of some mixes
I dont like:
   machine is very large and cumbersome
   tilting head means counter clearance is essential
   it just looks it should be in a commercial kitchen rather than in a home kitchen.



I really liked the features on the Bosch. All of its parts easily come apart for dishwasher cleaning. That's right up my alley. I also liked that in the demo, it showed making egg whites with just ONE egg...quite amazing I thought. Plus those engineers recognize that pastry, pie dough needs less air than other blends/mixes. I liked that. A bonus right now given by the Canadian distributor is that a blender accessory is included. It would mean one less piece of equipment on the counter in the kitchen.

Please let me know what you use and what you like/dislike about the machine you have. Send your responses to szpin@sympatico.ca

Thanks and a big hello to those who follow me on a regular basis.

Visit back !

1 comment:

  1. And the recipe for bbq chicken with blackberry jam? It sounds yummy. Blackberries this year were lousy due to weather. Too hot and dry and an early cold spell.
    Sorry I missed the puzzle. Did you know a crossword puzzles 4 corners are all the same?

    ReplyDelete